The residences at Pine Canyon were not only designed to protect and preserve the natural setting but also to fit within the environment rather than the other way around.
The Pine Canyon environmentally-sensitive holistic approach can be seen throughout the architecture and site plan.
- Over 80% of the property’s trees will be left on site
- Residences will be clustered in an area of less than five acres, leaving nearly 12 acres of open space
- Buildings are innovatively arranged to minimize site disturbance. The residences will run in two rows parallel to the existing slope and parking spaces and drive aisles will be located underneath the buildings to further reduce the development’s footprint
- “Low-E” insulated windows will block the sun’s ultraviolet rays and infrared heat to keep homes cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter
- Shared walls will result in a 40% decrease in energy consumption
- Radiant heating in the flooring reduces direct heat loss and minimizes energy use
- To ensure that the roadway snow melt system operates only when necessary, a sensor will be imbedded in the asphalt to detect temperature and moisture